Monday, December 24, 2007
I know that 2008 will bring lots of change in my life and others as well.
If someone were to ask me what advice I could give to them in the coming year (though I know no one will) I would say "take time to enjoy the moment, because the journey isn't a good without the memory of it!"
Be it your first away from home, with a new love, or with a old love, or with family, I pray that all of you ( friends) have a great & safe wonderful holiday! I get to pick up my present tonight at the airport...I can't wait!
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
I didn't know he could talk like that!
If you thought that was so so..I found these geeks in love with transformers, so much in love that they decided to build one!
More than the meets the I!
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Gosh, I'm really just counting down the days till I can take a vacation!!! Two more weeks...just two more weeks.
So I'll guess I'll just go and look over some SQL and try to memorize PI, since I guess I'm a nerd.
A cool nerd!
Monday, December 03, 2007
So, with that in mind, this year spend less for those you love and spend more time loving them. Well unless they want a new Ipod Touch, then you're screwed.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Because relationships are a marathon, not a sprint.
I just have one question..CTC!! ok..that's all CTC!
On another note, I was with jessica on saturday when she went to IKEA, it was actually her idea to go! It was a unique experience, a layed out path of shopping geared to make you spend money! Great idea! I really want to get a tons of crap from there but since I don't think I'll be living in florida that much longer...i'll just hold off. AH look at the time 5p, its time for this guy to head on out...
one more gadget-
that's on my wishlist for christmas....
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
To evade making a bad first impression, losing a business deal or simply embarrassing yourself, take heed of Holland and Brody's 10 terrible grips to avoid:
- The "macho cowboy"... is the almost bone-crunching clasp many businessmen use to shake hands. What are they trying to prove, anyway? There's no need to demonstrate your physical strength when shaking another person's hand.
- The wimp... is usually delivered by men who are afraid to "hurt the little lady" when shaking women's hands. Modern female professionals expect their male counterparts to convey the same respect they'd show their male colleagues.
- The "dead fish"... conveys no power. While there's no need to revert to the macho cowboy death grip, a firm clasp is more powerful than one that barely grabs the hand.
- The "four finger"... is when the person's hand never meets your palm, and instead clasps all four fingers, crushing them together.
- The cold and clammy... feels like you're shaking hands with a snake. Warm up your hand first before grabbing someone else's.
- The sweaty palm... is pretty self-explanatory, and pretty gross. Talcum powder to the rescue.
- The "I've got you covered" grip... happens when the other person covers your hand with his or her left hand as if your shake is secretive.
- The "I won't let go"... seems to go on for eternity because the other person won't drop his or her hand. After two or three pumps, it's time to let go. "It's a lot like a kiss -- you know when it's over," Brody says.
- The "southpaw"... happens when the person uses the left hand to shake because the right hand has food or a drink. Always carry your drink and plate with your left hand to keep your right one free for meet and greets.
- The "ringed torture"... occurs when the person's rings hurt your hand. Try to limit the number of rings you wear on the right hand to only one or two and be mindful of any that have large stones.
Three steps to a proper handshake
Some other things to keep in mind:
As you're approaching someone, extend your right arm when you're about three feet away. Slightly angle your arm across your chest, with your thumb pointing up.
Lock hands, thumb joint to thumb joint. Then, firmly clasp the other person's hand -- without any bone crushing or macho posturing.
Pump the other person's hand two to three times and let go.
Six tips to an effective meet 'n greet
Step or lean forward.
Make eye contact.
Have a pleasant or animated face.
Greet the other person and repeat his or her name
Copyright CareerBuilder.com 2007. All rights reserved. The information contained in this article may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority.
Which is an impressive feat in itself that something blog worthy can be written everyday. I hope everyone that is attempting this succeeds and doesn't burn out.
oh one more picture...from the concert last week...
Saturday, October 27, 2007
So I thought this weekend would be uneventful and to be honest it had been until I got a call around 10p from my little sis, Alex, many of you haven't met, her well if you have its not because I've introduced you to her. I'm sorta of guarded about my family, anyways, So we just started talking hey what's up. blah blah, when she tells me that she just got engaged!! I couldn't help but to cry, my baby sister was all grown up for realz. I couldn't be happier, its odd because its different when someone you've known your whole finds that person that they will start a new life with. I remember Titi always following me around and wearing my hand me downs, playing cops and robbers. I have pics but obviously not here.
Anyways so that's my little sis and her soon to be hubby, Noah. I've met him, he's a pretty nice guy, so I'm not sad about that just that I wasn't with my mom and GMa when she told them. I was all the way down here doing crap and having a drink, really lame man, really lame. Anyways I'm really happy for this addition to my special little family. signing off from Otown this is les, a happy older bro saying goodnight.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Thursday, October 04, 2007
Being in the sunny but also always wet state of Florida I'm exposed to perhaps the most amazing weather year long. Granted I would trade my summers since its like a baking oven around here in July. However the one thing I long for right about now is those colorful trips on 31 driving down to the beach. The leaves are all but bright red, orange, and brown up in the northern part of the country, sadly I just couldn't help but notice that I still miss that time of year. I think i might write about this every year around this time, I guess you can't take the fall out of me. I snicker at the thought of Floridians grabbing their jackets when it gets below 70, I would laugh aloud if I weren't one of them now. I think of the countless times I swore off racking leaves which is ironic because I would want nothing more to jump into a big pile of leaves and be buried underneath the crisp brown remains of what once was so full of green leafy life. A bit much,perhaps but all of you up north take that for granted like I take the sunny days for granted. Anyways, I need to get to bed. Its late and I haven't got all night to dream.
Friday, September 21, 2007
- Why is it so hard to say what's new when people ask you but when no one is asking you have all this stuff going on?
- Tim @ Smokey Bone's let me leave without paying my bill and had faith in me to call back to pay my bill. Background- I forgot my wallet at work so when I ordered my food I had no way of paying for it! I felt embarrassed but he was like "its all, good finish your meal and call it in when you get to work!" I left him a nice tip!
- It's always sunny in Philadelphia could be the gem of FX-TV. Though i think I could make a similar TV show with 4 Mexicans that would be funnier, in Spanish!
- There isn't anything better than a good song to fall asleep to.
- People that pretend to be hard don't scare me, its the quiet one's that terrify me.
- What the hell is O.J thinking? Don't come back to Florida, nothing good can come from it!
- I found out another reason why sports are awesome, you can argue about shit even when you're not playing the sport.
- I'm going to enter my t-shirt idea to threadless, I'm convinced that I can have a t-shirt made with my little saying.
- I sometimes will spend hours doodling, I'm 28 and I doodle!
- I really don't like blonde's! Really....
- The other day I thought what it would be like to be white...no thanks.
- Finally, the juicy stuff. I officially lost it on Sunday playing tennis. In the midst of being totally frustrated and irritated I launched my tennis racquet out of the tennis court 100 ft away on the roof of the clubhouse. Yes, the roof. I was in disbelief and I started to laugh. I had to scale a fence, which by way the left nice cuts on my hands and then climbed on to the roof of the clubhouse. Then I jump off the roof( probably 15ft and landed flat on my ass to which i rolled out. Gosh..That was so much work!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Its funny how things we use to do brought us joy fail to do so later on in life! I use to love being by myself for a long period of time. I use to think that I was cool when I ate dinner by myself at restaurant, like I was really important or something! Yeah I don’t like eating by myself anymore and I certainly don’t like being alone for a long period of time unless I’m avoiding people then its more of a necessity thing. This brings me to my most pressing matter, my high school reunion! Oh good Lord it’s been 10 yrs since I last walked the halls of Grand Rapids Christian High. I don’t know if I can go back there, don’t get me wrong I wasn’t a loser or anything like that but I don’t know if I would put myself through that situation willingly. A room full of Midwest Dutch Christian Reform adults! My eyes would only reveal true plangent instead of my occasional impassible self. There are only a few people I’d like to see, which ironically I did see when my sister graduated in 2002. I saw her, the girl I had an incredible crush on all junior year and senior year. Ashley H (I wish I could find a picture to show you), she was this cute brunette with short hair and a quiet way about her. I never really talked to her because a) she was really cute b) and she had a boyfriend (who happened to look like a Brad Pitt when he was in legend of the falls!) Anyways I don’t know that I’d really care to see anyone or anyone would remember me since I was the guy that just tried to go un noticed while I was there. I’m sure I could mingle and recognize some old faces but I don’t think I have the stomach or patience to hear how people have been these past 10yrs when I didn’t really care what they were doing that day while I was there, to do that I’d have to cozen them about how happy I was to be there and I’m to nice to do that
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Sunday, August 19, 2007
I don't know who you are but in response to your comment, There is no racial badgering in my post. I was merely describing the situation. The whole post has no mere relevance, this blog has no relevance. I think many times we get caught up in being politically correct when we should be candid and quite blatantly honest when talking about things. I'll ask you the question that perhaps you should ask yourself,
If I hadn't mentioned who was in car, who would have you imagined driving the car?
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Friday, July 27, 2007
powered by ODEO
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Why is that when ever i want to write, like really write about what I feel I get this blockage, this huge mass of fog hovering over me like a blanket of blackness disabling every thought into just a single period. Its like laughing at a joke in your head and no one around to share it with, its quite frustrating! I mean, I sometimes wonder where I've gone, I don't recognize myself sometimes when Re-read things I've written. I'm embarrassed but there's no around to laugh at me!?
I just thought I'd write down what google says I "Need" "Want" "Love" "Wishes"
- Google says Les needs eyeballs? Really, Eyeballs.
- Google says Les wants love again. HMM
- and Google say Les loves his big chopper!!
- finally Google say, well apparently Les wishes some french stuff???
I guess I'll just close my eyes and see what tomorrow makes of today.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
The grand finale
Thats all for now..
Friday, June 08, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Monday, May 14, 2007
So it was that time of year when you call your mother and thank her for enduring you for the past numbers of years and they respond to you in the manner like it was no big deal! Mother's day, thats right. I hope you called your mama and told her you love her and appreciate her. I know i did.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Friday, April 20, 2007
Thursday, April 12, 2007
.......No I'm not colorblind
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Though I did have a good experience with my single serving friend from Chicago to Toronto. A delightful women with years of experience in life. She reminded me of my mother with her positive energy and warm eyes. We talked about her life and her love interests, well her two previous marriages that ended with divorce due to involvement of alcohol in the marriage, even with such devastating life crutches she still had the optimism of a women with hope. She talked to me in detail about her daughters and cousins. She was a proud lady, I appreciated her encouragement as I talked to her about my future plans. Eleanor, thanks for the talk.
Oh, one more thing, apparently in Canada there are flying squirrells that attack bird feeders. I'll try to get some video of this before I leave.
Well bye for now..
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
SO when it came down to it, I was just too scared and lazy to do anything about it. I sometimes look at the way i use to look and I get a little sad...but that is life.
OK Its really really really late and I'm awake?! But more crazy than that, craig was just up with me!!!!
I swear I'll see a flying pig at any moment......
Thursday, March 15, 2007
In other news, I think I've over stayed my stay at a certain place. The co workers are beginning to think that I'm one of them, you know they're asking questions that take our superficial friendships to an unknown area that I'm not really comfortable with. They want to hang out...I don't really like hanging out with people i work with..because I don't like the two worlds colliding. I just started accepting the fact that I have to talk to my neighbors. Anyways I think I have to grow up and get my ass back in the game...the game of life....i'm tragically being left in the dust.....damn..
I know that alot of you don't watch family guy be it that you can't get over that its a really funny show with improbable satire fitting of real live actors that somehow have found itself in a cartoon...well get over it, I don't watch it because I think the cartoons are really well drawn...
Stay out of the sun...though I know being tan is a choice its a very dangerous one. Just accept that I wake up with this complexion...and no...its not great...its marvelous
Monday, March 12, 2007
I've been avoiding the news like a visit to the dentist, ( sorry Justin, there isn't anything more annoying then visiting someone to look into your mouth and then have some small talk while they dig and clean your teeth), the reasoning: There's just sad crap on the news. I use to think that world news would be better but its impossible for me because I live in Florida, something bad always happens in Florida!! I went to CNN.com tonight and these where some of the Headline's
- Comedian commits suicide
- 101 yr old woman mugged
- wild fires threaten multi million dollar homes ( I know my west coast friends don't have multi millions homes but I hope you're safe!)
- Bush orders more troops to Iraq (apparently the gas prices are too high so we've got steal more oil!- that comment will probably cost me a job at the CIA, FBI, or DIA!!
- Beserk house cat sends owner to the hospital. (seriously that was the headline! WTF!)
Yeah, news that makes it in the "news" is usually bad..
ok, thats all..
Thursday, March 08, 2007
anyways its late and i should be asleep...
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Yeah its crazy times up there, one could say its crazier than going to the ghetto or seeing Chester Cheetah after his gigs with cheetos!
Ok,ok,ok...sorry..cheap tricks but wouldn't everything be better if you have a flash back like that time I posed for a wacky science book...="350">
It just made me ponder and go a little nuts..
Monday, February 12, 2007
I had to lose some weight and find a way to hide my age.Anyways next time I'll tell you about my adolescences. Till then.
Friday, January 26, 2007
"hmm, a long time", "i was one of the first."
What is art? I don't think I know what art is? I know what i like but for time sake lets just say its the same old crap you find in any art book at your local barnes & noble. I have a copy of a Van Gogh's midnight sky or whatever its officially called. I stare at it everyday before i go to sleep and its the first thing i see when I wake up. I think that I figured it out....art isn't so much what is being created as much as its who's creating it. The Mona Lisa, Picasso's blue era, Van Gogh's self-portrait wouldn't be so well received if it hadn't been for the fact that artist themselves were art!
Anyways I leave with you this lyric from Gilbert & Sullivan
The sun, whose rays
Are all ablaze
With ever-living glory,
Does not deny
He scorns to tell a story!
He don't exclaim,
"I blush for shame,So kindly be indulgent."
But, fierce and bold,
In fiery gold,
He glories all effulgent!
I mean to rule the earth,
As he the sky
We really know our worth,
The sun and I!
I mean to rule the earth,
As he the sky
We really know our worth,
The sun and I!
Observe his flame,
That placid dame,
The moon's Celestial Highness;
There's not a trace
Upon her face
Of diffidence or shyness:
She borrows light
That, through the night,
Mankind may all acclaim her!
And, truth to tell,
She lights up well,
So I, for one, don't blame her!
Ah, pray make no mistake,
We are not shy;
We're very wide awake,
The moon and I!
Ah, pray make no mistake,
We are not shy;
We're very wide awake,
The moon and I!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Anyways stay away from "The Wicker Man" and Nicolas Cage!
If you want mindless entertainment watch the Hills or yet another road rules/real world challenge..
Friday, January 19, 2007
I think there's an song that goes like that
" like the desert needs the rain you know i need you..." ok i don't know if thats actually a lyric in that song but i think i like it.
So what's the deal with global warming? I've been really interested in CO2 emission lately and how the US is planning to cut down on them. I find it funny that I've lived in places where there isn't any clean air mandates. Perhaps its because i leave in states with a large number of rednecks! I mean theres nothing wrong with being a redneck but there is some kind of mentality that give the environment the proverbial finger!
In other news that I find quite interesting, Steve Jobs and Apple have found a way to impregnate a Cellphone with an Ipod? Yet another Apple product to spend $500 dollars on! I would wait a year so you can get the new colors and the new Ipod phone with 8G, don't make the mistake I did by buying an Ipod NANO which by the time it got to me was old news since they had the new colors and more space. I'm bitter, very bitter.
The word of the day: NO!