Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Old Man in Toronto


052606_17071.jpg
Originally uploaded by campbellssoup.

I’m bored. I wish I could write something but I can’t. I tried writing about me as a treasure hunter but I could muster up the lingo to convince my self that I had an insatiable thirst for Gold and women. Then I though of writing about the time where I thought I might be a bounty hunter but I was discouraged when I remembered that they get paid pretty crappy and there’s no 401k. I tried writing about myself and how much I miss Honduras and how I would like to know its history as well as its culture but I realized that I don’t miss it all. Every time I go I wish I was back here (I had written a descriptive narrative in mother tongue-Spanish). Which brings me to this present entry, its crap? I don’t know even know what I’m really writing about other than that I’m really bored.
I wrote a Haiku about it.

A failed attempt
To imagine life with you
Cuz I’m bored.

I’m not sure if I actually achieved it but from my understanding a Hakiu is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons. I replaced the nature/season with state of human nature or season.

Ok I don’t particularly like Haiku’s for the limitations of syllables but it does conjure brain activity to manipulate meaning in a condensed manner.

Write me a haiku.

No comments: