Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What is the price of becoming an American?

Yesterday President Bush announced his stand on Illegal Immigration and the steps to reduce and ultimately eliminated Illegal Immigration. Now I’m not going to go over everything he said in his speech yesterday if you like you can read @ http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/05/15/bush.immigration.text/index.html
However I did find some interesting statements/facts from his speech. 85% of Illegal Immigrants are Mexican, wow!! Not only are they hard working but they command the market share of Illegal Immigration, from that remaining 15% how many are terrorist? I didn’t read that figure in his speech. I guess Sept 11 was planned by a bunch of crazy Mexicans, so now they’re public enemy #1. Whatever.
According to President Bush, Illegal Immigrants have become so high tech in there forgery of papers that President Bush will be pushing for tamper-proof identification, Biometric technology to be exact. I doubt that a illegal immigrant can afford a good forged document on top of the cost of coming across the border with a “coyote”. Right, the farm owner can’t tell if his worker are illegal!I think the first hint would be accepting next to nothing wages!!! Who in their right mind would want to pick fruit for $3 dollars an hour!!!!! The reason Illegal’s can work here is because of the demand for cheap labor, If a owner could pick between paying Joe $20/hr to do construction and pay Jose$10 bucks an hour, well guess whose getting the job. The problem isn’t that Illegal are getting jobs that no one wants, its that they’re getting jobs that you might want. I don’t hear anyone complaining about a shortage of jobs to clean toilets!! Right now its costing American 1/3 of what it will cost once the Immigration bill passes. Tamper-proof identification, increased border agents, and temporary work programs. Who do you think is going to pay for that? I never had a problem with Illegal Immigration until Sept 11, 2001 and those immigrants came in legally. The worst thing Jose ever did to me was not picking enough apples.

No comments: