Monday, June 29, 2009

Viva La Evolucion

We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people.
Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

Viva la "Revolucion".
There was a passive military coup in my birth country,Honduras. This isn't so shocking since its a third world country and stricken with poverty, usually those two ingredients make for a good slow roast of a coup and violence. However my fellow Hondurans are peaceful people, so no shots were fired except of course those shot to wake up the president. He was removed from the country in his pj's to Costa Rica. Wow, you're fired and we're taking your clothes. Don't think that would ever happen here, then again here isn't there. My main concern was that of my family,who were vacationing down there. My family had just successfully planned a massive reunion, which I had missed because I suck, thankfully my Mom & Paul, Alex and Noah left prior to the coup but a majority of my family is still down there including my Father and my siblings.

I just got an email from my brother and dad saying that they're OK. The seem to be OK with the proceedings? They instituted a mandatory curfew of 9p. I guess thats not all too bad, keeps people off the streets and better yet trouble at bay.

Wow June is ending with a bang, 4 day here I come.

No comments: