Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mi familia

So my mom just came down to visit over the labor day weekend, man its totally overwhelming when my family gets together. I hardly got to spend anytime with my mom because of her sister's also being in town. Now I don't mind sharing my mom with people but not when I don't get to see her too often and since my mom doesn't know how to say no I routinely find myself sharing. Anyways I guess as I get older I don't feel so thrilled having to jockey for some time with her or my sis. Intermediate family takes precedent over extended family, at least it does to me. Anyways now my dad is coming today after just calling me over the weekend to let me know he's in Florida. I haven't yet had a full week since my mom left and now I have my dad here. I see him even less than my mom but at least I have a relationship with my mom where as my dad, well thats a bit more strange. I didn't meet him till I was 11 yrs and he lives thousands of miles away, so its more stressful to see him since I don't really know him. I know its not his fault but I've gotten use to him not ever being in my life.

It should be an interesting weekend, hopefully it won't be a waste.

No comments: