Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oxford Ln underwater!

But if I can't swim after forty days
And my mind is crushed by the crashing waves
Lift me up so high that I cannot fall
Lift me up
Lift me up - When I'm falling
Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying
Lift me up - I need you to hold me
Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again

Those were the lyrics that were racing through my head yesterday as RHB, Schmidty, and Me foolishly drove out in what seemed to be a freakin Hurricane. I had never seen the water rise up so fast on a road. Like I could feel the water rushing underneath the car. Luckily for Royce, I was sitting in the back (I anchored the car) but seriously it was freakin bananas! All for a sandwich from Quiznos!? So the water stopped falling and we were making our way back home. So as we were turning on to 17-92 (pronounced 1792 as if it was a yr and not two highways) the civic starts to sputter and then it just dies in the middle of 436 & 17-92!!!! HA,ha...That's all I could do because the alternative would be to panic! SO we get out and push the car to the near parking lot which was Club Juanna, a closed strip joint on 17-92! I know, this is to good to be true. Well, it all happen. We chilled outside with our umbrellas until bakes came by with the jeep....The kicker of the night was when Royce is like, "ok open up your trunk, I need to put my clubs in your car"

...That's right ladies don't get between a man and his Sports equipment-you might just get hurt.

SO that was my hump-night. I tried to enjoy my over-priced sandwich but it honestly wasn't that good...Thank goodness for Honey Buns!

Editors note: Yet another storm in Central Florida...Stay away from the puddles ya'll!

No comments: